Exciting Things to Do in Miami Beach
Sometimes considered America’s “Riviera,” Miami Beach is actually many beaches—17 islands in Biscayne Bay, to be exact, as opposed to the mainland’s city of Miami. The cool thing is you are never more than a mile from the water. But enough geography. The essence of Miami Beach is tropical playground meets glamorous sensuality. Whether you're in South Beach for the world-class shopping, dining, sunbathing or celebrity hunting, or in Mid-Beach for the golfing, shopping and scenic Miami Beach Boardwalk, or quieter points further north, Miami Beach is alive with sun-washed relaxation by day and round-the-clock reveling by night.
Experience Miami Beach's Vibrant Allure
- World-class shopping, dining, and nightlife on Collins Avenue, Ocean Drive, and Lincoln Road
- Take a dip in the pristine waters of Miami Beach or relax on the white sand beaches. Dive into a sea of water sport activities from jet skis and yachts rentals to scuba diving and windsurfing.
- Miami’s hottest annual events will keep you coming back year after year, including Art Basel, Miami Film Festival, South Beach Food and Wine Festival, Carnival Miami, Ultra Music Festival, and the Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix (just to name a few!)
- Stroll amongst the pastel Art Deco architecture in the South Beach neighborhood and visit one of the many art galleries and museums right in Surfcomber’s backyard.
Savor the Flavors of Miami Beach
Embark on a culinary journey through Miami Beach's diverse food scene. Highlight the eclectic mix of international cuisines, from Latin American flavors to fusion gastronomy, and recommend popular local restaurants, food tours, and iconic dining experiences that showcase the city's culinary delights.
- If you’re looking to experience fine dining and stunning décor, try Byblos Miami's meze & exotic dishes, served in a colorful space with an Eastern Mediterranean feel.
- The Social Club features haute food, cool vibes, and a bustling bar and outdoor seating on the world-famous Collins Avenue—and it’s housed right in The Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel.
- Craving more upscale fare? OLA brings the essential flavors of Latin America to Miami Beach, featuring specialty mojitos, fine wines, and world-renowned ceviche.
- The Strand is a recommended go-to for lighter options that are fresh, seasonal, and full of flavor.
- Don't miss the opportunity to join food tours, from groups like Miami Culinary Tours, that uncover hidden gems.
Embracing Nature + Outdoor Activities
Showcase the natural beauty and outdoor recreational opportunities available in Miami Beach. From exploring lush parks and gardens to enjoying water sports, biking along the beach promenade, or taking a boat tour, provide insights into the city's outdoor adventures and nature escapes.
- The Miami Beach Botanical Garden is a lush three-acre landscape filled with 100 palm species, orchids and native plants.
- Collins Park is an oceanfront beach lined with shops, a botanic garden and artistic attractions such as The Bass art museum and Art Basel Art Fair Sculpture.
- Looking for a laid-back outdoor evening? Catch a free movie on Wednesday nights from the SoundScape Park Cinema Series.